Buying baby things is very exciting and overwhelming at the same time. We started to buy the baby’s stuff early February..I was actually overwhelmed with excitement especially buying the baby’s first everything. Since at that time, there was a Chinese New Year sale..it was perfect timing. Me and husband try to focus ourselves by just surveying places first and then discuss about it after that. We certainly do not want to waste on unnecessary things.
First thing I did was to ask my friends for their baby checklist and also youtube on baby’s item must haves. I searched about the most used baby items that they can’t live without. So, this is what I came up with…
- Two piece clothing (a few for New Born and a few for 3 months+)
- Baby romper pajamas (the same as above)
- Baby romper pant-less (the same as above)
- Mints and Socks
- Receiving Blankets
- Swaddle Blankets
- Burp Cloth
- Disposable Diapers / Lampin
- Baby Towels
- Baby Wipes
- Cotton Wipes
- Changing Mat
- Hair and Body Shampoo
- Baby Powder
- Drapolene Cream
- Baby Oil
- Baby Comb and Brush
- Baby Nail Clipper
- Baby’s Bathtub
- Baby’s Crib
- Mattress (For crib and a small one)
- Pillows and Bolster
- Bed Set
- Baby’s Swing / Bouncer
- Carrier / Car Seat
- Carrier Bag
- Diaper Bag
- Diaper Changing Kit
- Milk Bottles (2 oz & 4 oz)
- Breast Pump
- Storage for Milk
- Bottle Warmer
- Bottle Drying Rack
- Bottle Brush
- Breast Pad
- Maternity Bra
- Maternity Pad
- Barut / Badung
After many many surveys; watching videos and reading blogs. I have summarized and listed the above items of baby buys for new moms. I think that is the basic must haves although I know there are some that is not really necessary. I have divided them into what to buy before the baby comes and after the baby comes. And as a budget mommy, I definitely will focus on the really2 must haves. Like I said, above is just the basics necessities from the research I found.
So far, Alhamdulillah buying baby things is progressing really well…slowly and progressing I must say. Our room is becoming crowded and I have yet to decide about the design especially in deciding where baby’s stuff will go. For right now, his/her stuff is still at the corner..wrapped still. hehe. We’ll take it slow and steady, and avoid being panic at the last minute. *fingers cross* 😀
I would really appreciate comments and tips from mommys out there regarding baby’s checklist. I might have missed out on certain things or listing unnecessary things. hehe.
FYI, I still don’t have a clue what to buy for myself especially in preparing for my pantang. *help!!!*
Okay, I think that’s about it. Until my next post…thanks for reading.
Me and my family went scouting for the perfect pelamin this past few days. We’re looking for a small pelamin for my house to use for my nikah and bedak malam event. I have some that I like, it’s simple..and alhamdulillah, when I ask if I could change here and there, they can cater to whatever we want.
I just realized that I’m picky and I want what I want. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. When I look at the pictures, I know what I’m looking for..and when they suggest this and that, I usually say flat no or yes. I hope I wasn’t a pain by being like that. huhu. What I want is basically a white plain backdrop with colorful flowers (not too much). Right now, I’m so in love with white pelamin..like really, it’s so beautiful. Examples below;
So far, I haven’t found ‘the one’. As for dear fiance, he actually doesn’t care..he usually just go with the flow. As long as I go through him and he accepts it, then it’s a-okay for me. 🙂
On the other hand, maybe I should ask vendors to customize my pelamin? will it be more expensive that renting the existing one? Though I know what I want but I can be confused in making the final decision. huhu. I have to keep in mind that I am on a budget, and I must keep it simple. Like I always said..pelamin sekajap saja tu, no need to spend that much. 😀
One of the reason why I love my fiance is that although he’s the one that is calm and going with the flow type of guy, he’s the one that makes the final decision when I can’t make mine. He’s the one that thinks clearly, think wisely and thinks about the future. I’ll be easily caught up with all hoopla. 😛 hehe, sorry being jiwang there… 🙂
okay, back to my story..I think I got carried away. hehe. I haven’t made my decision yet on the pelamin today..for the house pelamin, I will discuss with my family. I hope their okay with what I want. For Nikah and bedak malam event, a simple and small pelamin will do. So far, that I like is $600..mum thinks that’s too expensive for a house pelamin..what do you think? Last last, I’m back to DIY’ing my pelamin ni.
Over all, my preparation is still slow like always but alhamdulillah it’s progressing. I feel blessed that as slow as it is, it is running smoothly. some hiccups here and there but we will always stay positive, Insya Allah 🙂
and before ending this post, a big congratulations to Imam muda Hassan and his wife. Love seeing them happy and berseri. Lawa~
Really love their attire. 🙂
Before heading to bed, I would like to share with you my checklist, what I have done so far..
- Nikah; 20/05/2012 (both)
- Bedak Malam; 24/05/2012 (bride)
- Berbedak; 27/05/2012 (groom)
- Sanding; 27/05/2012 (both)
- Ambilan; 27/05/2012 (both)
- Garden (white & colorful)
- Nikah; Bride’s house
- Sanding; Dewan serbaguna, Sumbangsih (deposit done!)
- Ambilan; Bride’s House
CLOTHES & ACCESSORIES:
- Nikah; bought the kain already, insyaAllah will send to the tailor next month (both)
- Bedak Siang; use nikah attire
- Bedak Malam; will borrow songket from my aunt/uncle. Will rent the acc. next month.
- Sanding; (deposit done!)
- Ambilan; bought kain already, will sent to tailor next month.
- For all events; the parents will handle this for both sides.
- Nikah; Beras sponsored by my grandparents. (bride)
- Bedak Malam; to be confirmed!
- Sanding; Muffins!
- DIY! (still pending)
- Nikah; around 300-500 including fiance’s family
- Bedak Malam; 300-500
- Sanding; 800-1000
- Ambilan; 300
- Bride to Groom; in the process of buying. (13 dulangs)
- Groom to Bride; in the process of buying. (11 dulangs)
- Home; to be confirmed (thinking of DIY)
- Hall; yet to be decided.
- Bride; all events booked except for Bedak Malam (will settle this month)
- Groom; still searching. (help!)
- Home; DIY!
- Hall; DIY!
- Bride; still surveying prices from store to store.
- Groom; still surveying also.
- Still deciding about this. I have actually mixed feelings on this.
- My dearest Brother. 🙂
LEGAL PREP FOR NIKAH:
- Bride; haven’t started yet! (yikes!)
- Groom; need to let him start by this month!
- Ticket bought! Will buy tickets to second destination + hotel hopefully by next month.
GROOMING & FITNESS
- Bride; haven’t started yet! maybe next month I’ll start going to spa and have facials. As for exercise, need to start ASAP! I have some love handles (yikes!)
- Groom; have to ask him if he wants to. hehe. Exercise, he’s working on it… :p
I think that’s about it, do tell me if I miss out something. I will insyaAllah elaborate on each in the future post. goodnight friends. Assalamualaikum. =)